From the President
The 2nd NWSCC Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 31 August 2016. This will be a night to celebrate the club's achievements over the past 12 months, as well as an opportunity to elect your Committee for 2016/17. You will shortly be receiving some email correspondence which outlines the nomination process, as well as the process to vote via proxy if you're absent on the night.
Having been involved with the club from its inception in late 2014, I'm personally very proud of what has been achieved in the past 12 months, and it is a testament to our current committee and tireless volunteers who roll up their sleeves to provide for such a great community of people. Special mention to all of you as members too, because without you, there wouldn't be a thriving community. Our member numbers continue to grow and we are now just shy of 300 financial members (287 as at today) - more than double what we had this time last year.
Thank you everyone for your ongoing support and I hope to see you at the AGM.
From the Returning Officer
Thank you for your support of your club, and considering contributing as a committee member. The nomination and election process is as follows.
- Nominations open to all financial members of NWSCC. Self-nomination is required. There is no need for a seconder of any nomination.
- Nomination will be via an email using the form below to the returning officer, Wayne Smith. Nominations will close at 11.59 pm on Wednesday 24 August 2016. Where there are no nominees for a position when nominations close, an email will be sent to all members putting a final request for nominations for those positions.
- Proxy forms are available, although members are encouraged to attend in person. (click here to download the proxy form)
- Where more than one nominee for a position, there will be a secret ballot. Ballot papers will be pre-printed, with candidates listed in alphabetical order.
- Voting for positions will be in the order that the positions are listed in the Constitution, followed by Cycling NSW positions – ie. President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Women’s Liaison Officer, Race Director, Social Ride Coordinator, Media and Social Media Coordinator, Social Events Secretary, Junior Members Development Officer, Sponsorship Officer and Club Kit Officer. The last position will be created by either an amendment to the constitution (voting on which will precede the election of the committee, see resolution below), or may be created by the new committee. The two Cycling NSW positions are Handicapper and Club Captain and will be elected in that order.
- Members may nominate for more than one position, but upon being elected to a position, will not be eligible for any subsequent position UNLESS they are the only nominee for that position, or in the alternative, all nominees for that position have already been elected to a position.
- Counting of votes will be undertaken by a returning officer, which will be a member of the club appointed by the Committee, and who has not nominated for any position. Wayne Smith has volunteered to be the Returning Officer
Please note the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Women’s Liaison Officer and Race Director have further legal obligations regarding management of the club.
Returning Officer and outgoing Race Director
From the Committee
Amendments to the Constitution
A resolution was passed at the last Committee meeting that the Committee recommend to the AGM that the following amendments to the constitution be made:
- Under the heading “Board of Directors”:
a. Clause 1. Delete the word “two” – to clarify that terms are one year, only.
b. Clause 2 fourth sentence commencing “The Board appoints…” Delete the sentence and replace with “The Board comprises a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Women’s Liaison Officer, and those positions listed in clauses 12 to 18 hereof, as well as any Cycling NSW positions (Club Captain and Club Handicapper). The Board may create other volunteer staff positions or subcommittees as may be necessary to further promote the interests and activities of the Club. Subcommittees may be formed from both Board members and ordinary members of NWSCC. Each position on the Board shall be open for direct election by the members of the club at each AGM, and the term of each position is one year, or the period commencing with one AGM, and ending at the AGM in the following year.” This clarifies that each position is directly elected, and all persons elected to an official club role, are entitled to a full voting position on the committee.
c. Clause 18, new clause “Club Kit Officer is responsible for liaising with the official club supplier of NWSCC cycling clothing and ensuring that quality, value and reliable delivery times are maintained. This role may, from time to time, include making recommendations as to alternative suppliers.”.
President - Adam Fahey
Vice-President - Joshua Saunders, Steve Vumbaca
Secretary - Peter Chadwick
Treasurer - James Attard
Women’s Liaison Officer - Jodie Hill
Race Director - Paul Murgatroyd
Social Ride Coordinator - Glenn Johnston, Jason Racchi
Media and Social Media Coordinator - Simon Hookham, Paul Murgatroyd, Jason Racchi
Social Events Secretary - Belinda Miller
Junior Members Development Officer - Kim Stokeld
Sponsorship Officer - Robert Dannoun
Club Kit Officer - James Pattinson
Handicapper - Charlie Heuston
Captain - Bridget Bremner, Leigh Hardwick